About Overcoming Mediocrity ~ Designed to Shine!
Is a unique collection of stories from women who have created their own lives of significance, not only in their professional lives, but in their personal, physical or spiritual lives as well. We have some inspiring stories from established leaders who are making an impact on a larger scale as well as from those who are making a difference and impacting a select few in their everyday lives. These stories are meant to inspire and encourage women to realize their true potential.
Our Mission is to empower women to shine brightly in the world and light the way for others to also see their own inner brilliance while simultaneously positioning themselves as experts in their industries, which will result in additional credibility and increased revenue.
Being an Author Will:
- Position you as an expert in your field to help you attract many new opportunities.
- Set you apart from your competition and add to your unique selling proposition (USP).
- Generate additional exposure to your business and traffic to your website.
- Position you to charge higher fees—even as much as quadrupling your current asking price.
- Establish your expertise overnight—expertise that you don’t have to explain because no one will question you.
- Attract media interviews, partners, and more speaking engagements.
- Create an additional revenue stream and provide a starting point for additional products.
- PLUS you’ll build a loyal fan list that will want to hire and buy from you!
To unite thousands of like-minded women who are dedicated to making a bigger impact in the world and provide them with a platform to share their powerful stories so that they can inspire others on a much larger scale.
We are so excited to begin our third anthology book in the series called Overcoming Mediocrity Volume III, A Unique Collection of Stories from Strong Women Who Have Created Their Own Lives of Significance.
- VOLUME I – Dynamic Women was a smashing success as we released the book on May 2013 with 22 participating authors sharing their stories meant to inspire other women to success. Plus we achieved bestselling status on Amazon in the “Motivational” category in only one day. Yeah!!!!
- VOLUME II – Courageous Women was released in April of 2014 with 19 participating authors and also achieved the same results with our bestselling marketing strategy.
- VOLUME III – Strong Women was released in May of 2015 with 19 participating authors and held the #1 status in the Amazon “Women & Business” category for three straight days…. You can applaud now. 🙂
- VOLUME IV – Remarkable Women was released in October 2016 with 24 participating authors and also achieved the #1 bestselling status on Amazon.
- VOLUME V – Resilient Women was released in June 2017 with 21 participating authors and also achieved the #1 bestselling status on Amazon in both categories.
Because OM was such a huge success, we are launching three more Overcoming Mediocrity books in 2018. And with the tools and tricks learned in the previous five volumes, these books and their authors are sure to get even more traction and exposure than their predecessors.
How Can You Join This Team?
Because of the great success of this series and because we want to maintain a quality book filled with stories of inspiration and motivation, we will be interviewing all future authors. All authors must submit an application to be accepted into the book so we know who you are and the basic theme of your story to ensure a quality product for all participants.
You can find the various participation and benefit levels here: http://overcomingmediocrity.org/shine/
More Project Details
- Are you looking for a way to establish your expertise, increase your credibility, get more clients and increase your fees?
- Do you dream of becoming an author, but become overwhelmed and frustrated with the steps involved?
- Do you want to know how to build your business, while working less than you do right now?
If This Interests You, Read on…
There’s a way to achieve those items and much more—including a feeling of self-satisfaction in doing something so many just dream of doing: writing a book. In fact, you probably realize that having your book has become as necessary as having a website or a business card—in fact, your book is your business card. But if You’ve Tried to Write a Book, You Know There Can be Problems.
IT IS VERY TIME-CONSUMING WORK TO WRITE A BOOK – You’ve probably heard the statistic that four out of five of us want to write a book. The fact is that few of us realize that dream. Let’s face it, writing a book is hard work and it takes a lot of time. With so many things pulling at our attention, it’s hard to find the hours needed to sit down and write. Perhaps you’ve scheduled some “book writing time” in your appointment book and held true to a couple of them, but then found them going by the wayside as other items seemed to take priority. Or maybe things stalled as you realized that writing a book was a much bigger project than you originally thought, and you became frustrated and overwhelmed by the process.
SELECTING A BOOK SUBJECT – Say you do have the time and the energy to write a book, how do you know what to write about? Whether you’ve been working in your field for a while or are just getting started, you probably have a fairly large “knowledge base,” but how do you pick your topic and then narrow or expand the subject matter for a book? Next, how do you make sure your book is one people will want to read and be engaged in once they start reading? As an example, you wouldn’t stand up and start speaking about just anything; your book has to have purpose and focus so it connects to your audience. You’ll agree that you don’t want to waste your time putting a book together that’s not going to get you the desired results.
WRITING CAN BE VERY CHALLENGING – If you are looking to write a book to be used as a tool to grow your business and gain exposure for increased opportunities, you are probably not a writer. You are an entrepreneur whose skills are vast but may not include writing. Some wannabe authors look into hiring a ghostwriter. But hiring a ghostwriter can come at a pretty steep price, as much as $50 a page! (If you had that kind of money, you wouldn’t need to write a book in the first place!) You also have to do a fair amount of research and questioning to make sure you find a ghostwriter who understands you, your book concept and how you want to use your book after it’s done.
FINDING THE RIGHT PUBLISHER CAN BE TRICKY – Should you self-publish or shop your book to a traditional publisher? There are pros and cons to both; however, one of the problems with seeking a traditional publisher is the length of time until publishing—once accepted, it can take two years or longer before your book hits store shelves. It seems to make more sense to self-publish, doesn’t it? The good news is that self-publishing options abound, which makes getting your book in print much easier and faster. But it also presents its own host of challenges. Do a search on “book publishing” and you’ll come up with more than 400 million sites to wade through. How do you know what company will do a good job in not only putting your words in print but also helping you select, for example, front and back cover designs so your book will draw interest? Besides, who has the time and energy to become a self-made expert in publishing?
AFTER YOUR BOOK IS PUBLISHED, YOU NEED TO PROMOTE IT – There’s one more thing to consider, too. Whether you decide to self-publish or seek a traditional publisher, get ready to do your own book promotion. Although traditional publishers will lend a hand, they have so many books to worry about that you’re basically on your own. (Of course, if you self-publish you’re entirely on your own in promoting it.) If you’ve talked to any of your colleagues who have written a book, you’ve probably heard them say something along the lines of “writing the book was easy compared to promoting it.” It’s true. Promoting yourself and your book is a whole new ball game.
Is There a Faster and Easier Way?
Now there is a faster and easier way to create the ultimate positioning tool to propel your business to new heights while gaining you more prestige and profits for the rest of your life! Remember, with the title of “author,” people see you as an expert. Once you’ve published your book, imagine how you can… command greater fees, charge higher prices, and lower price resistance among your clients and prospects. There is an easier way to accomplish author status without actually writing a whole book. Get your feet wet – start out with a manageable project and receive all of the same benefits, PLUS a few more.
Be a Contributing Author in a Compilation Book.
Why are compilation books a “Gold Mine” for authors?
- Additional Exposure – You can get your business and website in front of a whole new audience by being in a compilation book. You can catch the interest of many new people with your story. PLUS – Each of the authors will be selling or giving away numerous books to clients and friends who will read your story and check out your site.
- Increase Your Network – If you are in our compilation book, you have the opportunity to connect with other like-minded people who have created significant lives and cross-promote each other.
- Increased Credibility – Participating in a book with our featured authors will give you added credibility and open up more opportunities.
- You Will Make Money – As one of the authors, you will be able to buy the book at wholesale and sell it at retail price, which can increase your income.
You can receive all of these benefits in only a few months.
why become an author
13 REASONS WHY OVERCOMING MEDIOCRITY
…You Should Join Our Overcoming Mediocrity Anthology Project?
1. Easy & Economical
Have you ever dreamt of writing your own book, but become overwhelmed and frustrated with the steps involved? Contributing to this compilation book is a simple process that is easily accomplished by submitting only a short 1000 – 2000 word story, at thousands of dollars less than having your own book. All with the same results.
2. Increase Your Network
Participating in a compilation book project will give you the opportunity to not only connect with other like-minded women who have created significant lives, but these women will be promoting your story and introducing you to their contact base organically through their own marketing efforts.
3. Tap Into the Marketing and Advertising Expertise of DPWN Publishing
We will be utilizing proven marketing and advertising strategies that has positioned past volumes of this book to become an Amazon Best Seller. You can then take advantage of that accomplishment and position yourself as having an Amazon Best Seller Book or being a Co-author of an Amazon Best Seller.
MORE REASONS WHY…
…YOU SHOULD CONSIDER BECOMING AN AUTHOR
4. Books Are Becoming the New “Business Card”
As a result of the explosion of book self-publishing, the use of ‘The book as a business card’ has added a new and powerful tool to the marketing arsenal of many successful business people. Pretty soon if you do not have a book, you will be in the minority, but if you act now this book could be only the first of many in your writing career.
5. Share Your Story
We all have a story to share that can encourage, motivate or inspire others. Do your part to empower our readers to learn from your experiences and focus their energy in a more direct manner that will result in better outcomes.
6. Brand Recognition
Use your new book to create and promote the most important product you have to offer, “YOU.” Being an author will help you to create and be recognized by your own personal brand that will ultimately provide you with a valuable commodity that no one else can offer.
7. Increased Credibility
A book exponentially increases your credibility, making it super easy to sell ANY product or service you promote—or promote on behalf of others. Think about the potential revenue each year from just one more client at quadruple your normal fees. Then multiply that by how many new clients yo want to gain. Cha-ching!
8. Unique & Effective Exposure
Spread the word about your business via this very effective “word-of-mouth” marketing tool. When most other marketing efforts fall short due to our overstimulated lifestyles, this can be the best way to receive the biggest impact from your market efforts to help you get and maintain “top-of-mind awareness” with your clients and prospects.
9. New Added Respect & Loyalty
Being a published author will allow you to gain the respect, attention, and support of your clients, colleagues, and peers, who will develop a strong loyalty to you because of this accomplishment.
10. Expertise Status
Establish you as an expert in your field, so you attract significantly more and better-qualified clients who are willing and able to buy from you. When the time comes and they need or want your products or services, they will automatically turn to the expert in the field—YOU!
11. Celebrity Style Recognition & Media Awareness
Create and maintain an instant “fan” base that will seek you out to hire and buy from you over and over—and refer you even more business. You will also attract media interviews, potential high-level partners, endorsement requests and possible speaking gigs.
12. Create a Reoccurring Revenue Stream
Do you want to know how to build your business, while working less than you do right now? Create a line of products that will provide you with continuous revenue from that original work. Your book can be the first step in this process to create a financially abundant and prosperous future with more time to spend how you choose.
13. Fulfill a Dream – Leave a Legacy
While there are many projects we can undertake that will give us great satisfaction, most cannot compare to the utter gratification achieved by fulfilling your dream of having your own book. Your personal story, in print, will also be an amazing legacy for you to leave your family and friends.